Gold chains today are a style statement and are worn by both men and women all over the world. A gold chain or necklace is the best way to ramp up the glam quotient of any outfit. Gold chains have been around for over a millennia and they remain in vogue. The most common way that gold is used in jewellery is in the form of a gold chain. We at Melorra bring you uber-trendy yet affordable designs in gold chains for women.
History of the Gold Chain
Both men and women have worn gold chains since ancient times. In Babylon, people wore gold chains and necklaces made of agate and lapis lazuli in the earlier days. Ancient Egyptians wore gold fashioned into stylised insect, plant or animal shapes around their necks. In Ancient Greece, people wore delicate gold chains and necklaces made with braided gold wire and embossed gold work. The Greeks also wore long gold chains with suspended perfume containers and cameos.
Ancient Etruscans wore colourful gold chains with granulated gold beads interspersed with glass and ceramic beads. The Ancient Romans wore gold chains beset with precious stones like diamonds, pearls, sapphires, amethysts and amber.
Indian gold chains are as old as our country’s civilization itself. Beaded jewellery was found in the ruins of the Indus Valley civilization that existed 5000 years ago. The paintings in Ajanta and sculptures in Amaravati depict a wide range of gold chains worn both by men and women, including the royalty and the common folk.
Gold chains in ancient times were not just an adornment, they were also set with stones that had mystical properties and used to ward off evil. The Mughal rule further enhanced the popularity of gold chains. The merging of Hindu and Muslim artistry in jewellery-making resulted in an explosion of intricate and exquisite designs in gold jewellery. The Indian love of gold is well known and may once have been a means of accumulating wealth. Gold chains for women in India today are not just a means of economic security, but also a fashion statement and an indication of prosperity.
Types of Gold Chains
Gold chains can be of various types depending on the thickness, the kind of links used and the type of clasps. The different kinds of chains include:
- Ball Chain: This is made of rounded beads linked closely together. This type of chain can be seen in necklets and bracelets.Visit the Melorra webpage to view 18-carat yellow gold ball chain designs.
- Box Chain: The box chain is made of tiny square boxes linked with each other. They are used for women’s pendants. If one of the boxes breaks, the chain can be reattached to the remaining links. Check out Melorra’s gold chains for women available in designs like the 22-carat gold double and triple box chains.
- Cable Chain: This has small interlocking ovals and is the simplest form of a gold chain. Both men and women wear this elegant chain. Visit melorra.com to find 18-carat yellow gold cable chains.
- Figaro Chain: The Figaro chain originated in Italy and is made of flattened links in an alternating pattern. The links vary in size. The most common pattern is 2 short links followed by one longer link.The Figaro is used as a ladies gold chain as well as a men’s gold chain.
- Mariner Chain: The Mariner chain gets its name from the links that resemble an anchor. It is made of a small round link joined to a larger oval link.
- Rope Chain: A rope chain is made of intricate supporting links that resemble a real rope. These are usually worn with a pendant which becomes the focal point of the chain. Check out the 22-carat yellow gold rope chains and gold chains with the locket on Melorra.
- Snake Chain: Snake chains are made of tightly knit bands or plates to form a continuous tube that looks like snakeskin.
Melorra offers a vast range of gold chain designs for ladies. The dazzling gold chain collections include gold necklace sets, white gold chains, bevel chains, knitted chains, box chains, beaded ball chains, gemstone necklaces and so much more.
Gold chains can be used for daily wear, celebratory occasions, office wear or casual wear. Gold is hypoallergenic and suits all skin types, making it safe for daily use. This precious metal has never gone out of fashion and wearing gold makes you look and feel amazing.
Melorra uses 18 or 22 carat rose, white and yellow gold to make gold chains. The gold chains and gold necklace sets can be plain or encrusted with diamonds and other precious gemstones. Melorra gold chains have easy-to-wear clasps and are durable. The designs are modular and are enhanced with superior surface-plating applications to increase the hardness and wear-resistance.
The Melorra gold chains are put through a meticulous and stringent quality control check to ensure that they are of the best quality. So when you buy a new gold chain from us, you get the best quality at the most affordable prices.
Pricing for Gold Chain
Melorra sources from the best vendors and has some of the lowest pricing for quality diamonds and gold jewellery. This price benefit is passed on directly to you, the end customer. Our gold chains are priced very reasonably. For instance, a 4.4 gram, 18K yellow gold chain of length 18 inches costs only Rs. 15,101 and a 7.56 gram, 22K yellow gold chain of length 18 inches costs Rs. 30,275. Visit the Melorra website to find 10 gram gold chain designs with price.
Buy the 22K bevel chain and wear it with a trendy Melorra pendant. The chain is priced at an affordable Rs. 14,617 and the uniquely-designed Melorra pendants are available for as low as Rs. 4000. Check out the stunning 18K rose loop gold necklace or the glittering gemstone necklaces if you are in the mood to splurge on yourself or a loved one!
Melorra’s website makes online jewellery shopping convenient by categorising the prices into ranges between ‘less than Rs. 10,000’ to ‘above Rs. 50,000’. This way, you can browse jewellery collections that are within your budget. The website also gives you options for selecting the style, occasion and type of jewellery you are looking for. The types of chains available are gold, diamond, and gemstone chains. These are available for work wear, party wear, and casual wear.
Melorra is one of the few jewellers who create intricate and exquisite jewellery designs using 3D-printing technology. Our jewellery is super-fashionable, yet very affordable. International fashion runways of the world inspire the designs created for our collections.
We also provide certifications and hallmarks of proof for all our jewellery. Our diamond jewellery comes certified by India’s premier certification labs like SGL or IGI. Melorra offers easy 30-day return along with a lifetime exchange policy that are hassle-free. First-time buyers and repeat customers can avail special discounts at Melorra.
You can shop for Melorra jewellery from the comfort of your home. We will deliver it right to your doorstep, packed in tamper-evident boxes. We also offer free and insured delivery. To top it all off, we provide a cash-on-delivery service all over India so that you can pay after receiving your jewellery. So why wait? Go online and splurge away on Melorra gold chains now!