Tips to Keep Your Diamond Jewellery Clean
Diamonds are known for their brilliant and sparkly appearance. Being one of the most precious stones in the world, diamond stones are also preferred for jewellery making, but they often sell at higher prices than gold and silver. Besides valuable, diamonds are also one of the hardest natural materials, which can cut glass and any other mineral. But if the diamond itself receives a single scratch or imperfection on its surface, then all of its beauty fades away.
Understandably, if you buy diamond jewellery, you would want to keep it safe as well as clean. However, caring for a diamond stone and maintaining its appearance intact requires regular cleaning, right storing, and gentle touch to avoid any deposition of dust on the stone.
How Would a Diamond Become Dirty?
Often, people prefer to wear either diamond rings or earrings. However, such jewellery items are also the most touched ones by the person wearing and even the on-lookers. Oil or dust from the finger can settle on the diamond's surface diminishing its shine, brilliance, and sparkle. Even the outside dust could prove to be the enemy of your diamond jewellery's shine.
In such cases, the smoothness and brilliance of the stone takes a hit and requires thorough cleaning. But remember that diamond is not glass; it may be the hardest naturally occurring rock on the planet, but it's still delicate. Cleaning the stone with a chemical-based liquid or a hard brush might permanently damage your precious jewellery.
How to Keep Your Diamond Jewellery Clean?
You might think that diamond rocks require rigorous cleaning to maintain their aesthetical appeal, but the truth is far from that. In reality, diamond jewellery only needs to be cleaned gently using a soft bristle brush at a regular interval of times.
• Use a solution of water and mild liquid soap: To clean a diamond, you do not require any unique formula with some well-known chemical compound. Just take a mug of water at room temperature, add a few drops of mild liquid soap to the water and make a soapy solution; it doesn't have to make foam or leather. Now, use this soapy solution to clean your diamond jewellery or a loose diamond stone without damaging it.
• Use a gentle bristle brush: If you want to rub the diamond's surface to make it shine and remove any dirt or hint of soap from it, then make use of a brush that has soft bristles. A brush with hard bristles might scratch the smooth surface of the diamond stone. Also, do not use force while brushing the diamond rock.
• Use clean water to wash off the soap: After you're done cleaning and brushing the stone, dip in a mug of clean water without any soap or other solution. By doing this, all the soapy and slippery part of the diamond would be washed off without any damage to the stone.
• Clean your diamond regularly: A diamond is a delicate stone when it comes to its appearance. So, you must ensure to clean and wash your diamond stone jewellery or solitaire ring at least once a week. In fact, twice a week would be the right choice if you wear jewellery design every day.
• Store diamond at a clean place: Keeping a diamond jewellery safe in a clean place is as much important as washing it frequently. Always store it separately from other jewellery items you own; the right way of keeping a diamond would be in the box you bought it home after buying it. Alternatively, keep the diamond box in a soft cloth bag to protect any further harm.
• Use ultrasonic jewellery cleaners: You can take your diamond jewellery item to a professional jewellery cleaner for cleaning. They would use an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner machine that washed off all the surface impurities and dust in a matter of minutes. While the vigorous movement of the machine sending high-intensity vibrating fluid to remove the dirt might loosen the diamond from the jewellery set, an expert would be able to set it back without any problem.
Overall, keeping your precious diamond jewellery is not a burdensome task. Instead, it only requires a bit of observance and regular brushing. However, if you're looking for expert cleaners or have any doubt regarding buying diamond jewellery, do contact Melorra. We will offer you the best advice to help you get the best diamond.
Explore below links for better information on gold: